This has been a busy few months for QASymphony. In April we held our 2nd annual Quality Jam conference with over 400 people in attendance (you can check out the presentations here). Then we jetted off to Barcelona for Atlassian Summit Europe. And now we’re headed to Orlando for StarEast.
StarEast is always a great show for QASymphony. There are over 1000 testing professionals from all over the world who gather to hear from the best minds in the business. If you are attending StarEast, it can be an overwhelming experience with over 100 sessions! Fortunately, we’ve curated a list of the must see speakers at the conference just for you. When you’re not in a session, make sure to swing by the QASymphony booth in the expo hall and grab some schwag!
9 MustSee Sessions at Star East 2017
1. Michael Bolton, DevelopSense – Critical Thinking for Software Testers and A Rapid Introduction to Rapid Software Testing May 8th – 9th – Full Day Training
Michael recently spoke at Quality Jam and was a crowd favorite. You can watch his presentation here. At StarEast, Michael is doing a full day sessions on Monday and Tuesday. He’s covering critical thinking skills and rapid software testing. You don’t want to miss it!
2. Sally Goble, The Guardian – What Happens When You Deliver Software Quickly Wednesday, May 10th – 10am
Great keynote to kickoff StarEast. I always love hearing from practitioners who are making real change in their companies. Guardian deploys software 400 times a day, making the job of the testing team very challenging.
3. Heather Daigle, Lyft: How Lyft’s QA Inspires Customer Loyalty and Builds a Competitive Edge Wednesday, May 10th – 1:45pm
I’m a huge user of Lyft so I’m really pumped for this presentation. Lyft’s business runs on software. If the app doesn’t work, Lyft’s business doesn’t work. I’m curious to learn about the best practices from Heather.
4. Kathleen Poulsen, Fidelity Investments: Improving Test Coverage and Efficiency with Combinatorial Test Design Wednesday, May 10th at 11:30am
Working in a highly regulated industry like financial services can be a big challenge for the QA team. It will be great to hear how Kathleen gets it done and learn what “combinatorial” means.
5. Kevin Dunne, QASymphony – Software Quality: A Cross-Organizational Competency Wednesday, May 10 at 3pm
Our own Kevin Dunne returns to StarEast and will be talking about how to build a high performing team that that can deliver quality software at a rapid pace.
6. Bob Galen, Zenergy Technologies – Step Aside: Stop Leading from the Front Thursday, May 11 at 8:30am
Bob is a regular at the TechWell conferences and always delivers. I love the title for this session about empowering your people.
7. Jane Jeffers, Riot Games – Owning Quality: The Culture of Empowerment at Riot Games Thursday, May 11 at 9:45am
Any gamers at a software testing conference? I have a feeling there will be a packed house for this session about QA at Riot Games. Get there early!
8. Sunil Sehgal, TechArchis – Test Data Management and its Role in DevOps Thursday, May 11 at 11:15am
Our fellow Atlanta native Sunil is a real thought leader when it comes to all things testing and DevOps.
9. Prachi Maini, Morningstar – An Agile Testing Dashboard: Metrics That Matter Thursday, May 11 at 3pm
There’s not a lot of content at StarEast about analytics when it comes to testing. That’s why I’m excited to see Prachi’s presentation about the dashboards she uses to report up to her executive team.
I hope to see everyone at the conference next week. Make sure to stop by the QASymphony booth and say “hi”.