The Screen Capture Software with Intelligence
A complete screen capture tool that helps a tester easily submit clear and accurate defect tickets.
Captures both screenshots and user’s action
Intelligently generates clear step-by-step narration of the test scenario
Submits a ticket directly to a defect tracking system or generates a stand-alone document
Simple Defects – Take a screenshot
Four different ways to quickly take a single screenshot:
- Full Screen
- Active Window only
- Select a specific region on the screen using the mouse
- Only a selected, highlighted portion of a screen
Complex Defects – Screen recording on every screen and every step
A complex bug report needs detailed description, and qTrace makes that process simple and fast.
- Records every screen and every step of a complex software defect scenario
- Automatically generates readable narration of the user’s actions
- Captures system information such as OS, RAM, Browser type and version, Application version, and makes it available to include into the defect record.
Annotate – You can edit a little or a lot
Testers can modify and annotate the captured screenshots and decide how much or how little additional detail is needed:
- Remove unwanted screen(s)
- Add call out text
- Add free text on the screen
- Highlight areas of the screen
- Point using arrows
- Blur sensitive text
- Crop a portion on the screen
Integrated – qTrace integrates with leading ALM and Defect Tracking tools
- Seamless integration that allows user to submit tickets without leaving qTrace. List of integrated trackers.
- Intelligent enough to work even with customized instances of these tools
And it’s Free?
qTrace is available both as a Free edition as well as a $49 Pro upgrade.
- The free edition is great for occasional users
- Frequent users would benefit by upgrading to the Pro edition
See comparison of the Free and Pro editions here.